This is one of our most important departments. It is semi-automated and our fantastic CELL DYN pilots it. This analyser is supported by ABBOTT and works quite efficiently, accurately processing large volumes of samples. Our HELENA supported QUICK SCAN 2000 is invaluable in the monitoring of anemia, sickle cell and thalassaemia disorders and infections especially in this department.
- Complete blood counts including differential estimations
- Peripheral blood smears
- Hemoglobin Electrophoresis
- Prothrombin times (PT)
- INR (Of extreme value in the monitoring of anti-coagulant therapy)
- Bleeding and clotting times
- Blood groups
- Indirect and Direct Coombs testing
This department is equipped with state of the art machines- Mindray BC 5800 BFT for coagulation testing (PTT and INR).
Diagnosis and issuing of results can be done within a few hours, since in some cases treatment of patient must be started immediately.