Our Humble Beginnings
Eureka Medical Laboratories was established in Guyana March 5th 1995 by Mr. William Andrew Boyle, a microbiologist and his wife, Dr. Karen Gordon-Boyle a medical doctor. EML has since blossomed into one of Guyana’s premiere medical institutions securing a sizable laboratory market share. EML now operates in Georgetown (main office), New Amsterdam, Rose Hall, Parika, Charity, Anna Regina, Linden and Bartica. EML’s competitive advantage can be attributed to strict adherence to quality control measures, having qualified, and competent staff, state of the art equipment and great customer service. EML has partnerships with laboratories in North America to ensure all Guyanese have access to almost any tests they may desire. EML is certified and is Guyana’s first internationally accredited medical laboratory having met all the ISO 15189 quality standards.
Eureka’s caring professionals provide excellent and effective health care services for YOU.
To be the Caribbean’s leading accredited laboratory chain employing state-of-the-art facilities and caring professionals.
Excellence * Innovation
Accuracy * Competence
Professionalism * Care
Integrity * Confidentiality
Teamwork * Timeliness
EML has achieved international accreditation, thus becoming the first and only Medical Laboratory in Guyana to have joined the elite 5 medical laboratories in the Caribbean to be accredited.
EML pioneers the facilitation of exotic medical testing.
- DNA paternity, maternity, fraternal, ancestry, prenatal paternity tests.
- DNA Ancestry Testing
- Forensics testing to detect human blood on weapons used to commit crimes.
- Exotic medical laboratory tests e.g. Homocysteine, Antinuclear Antibodies, Double stranded DNA, Mercury, Lead, Vitamin B, B12, D etc.
- Cancer markers CA 19.9, CA15.3 CA125,CEA,
- Viral Testing for Zika
Before these tests were introduced to Guyana by Eureka, Guyanese were unable to access them locally.
EML is on par with international medical laboratories offering over a thousand tests to more or less100-150 clients a day, to all Insurance companies in Guyana, and 60 major organisations, both local and international.
Eureka is the first to implement the uses of a computerized Lab Information System (LIS) via Schuyler House technologies (Skylab) .
- Pioneer of Digital X-rays in Guyana
- Full Solar powered facilities
- We use the cutting-edge technology of Polymerase Chain Reaction for Zika Testing
- State-of-the-art Facilities
- Updated machines
- Biomedical Services