This very important area of laboratory work is our most recent establishment that gives a lot of information on the hormonal status of our clients. We find that they are very useful in the diagnosis and treatment of infertility. With the aide of a state of the art fully automated Immulite, we have been able to maintain the highest of standards.
Endocrinology is the study of the endocrine system of glands, the regulatory substances (hormones) they produce and disorders of the system. The endocrine system is a very complex, delicately balanced arrangement of ‘hormonal’ feedback loops designed to co-ordinate many bodily functions and ensuring they work normally. The system uses many different hormones as ‘messenger’ signals.
These are produced by a number of different endocrine glands that include the adrenal glands, sex glands (ovaries in women and testes in men), pancreas, parathyroid, pituitary gland and thyroid.
The hormones produced by these glands are secreted directly into the blood stream from within the gland where they are transported throughout the body for action on a wide range of target organs and systems.
- Thyroid Function tests
- FSH, LH
- Quantitative Prostate Specific Antigen (to study and aide in the diagnosis of Prostate Cancer)
- Micro Albumin (for early indication of Kidney damage in especially Diabetics)
- Helicobacter pylori studies to aide in the detection of infected duodenal ulcers
- Troponin (for early detection of myocardial infarctions)
- Quantitative HCG in the management of normal and abnormal pregnancies
All results can be collected at the end of the day of sample collection.